Sunday, 19 November 2017
Link your Mobile number to Aadhar sitting at home in 5 minutes
Every portable client need to connect their Aadhaar card with their versatile SIM cards by February 6, 2018, according to an administration mandate. Presently for the simplicity of cell phone endorsers, the administration has acquainted new strategies with connect the SIM with Aadhaar. Truth be told, portable SIM-Aadhaar connecting has been completely mechanized at this point.
1. Mobile subscribers need to enter their mobile number (the one they want to verify) on telecom service provider's (says Airtel, Vodafone, Reliance Jio or Idea) website.
2.The telecom service provider (TSP) will then send an OTP (one-time password) on the mobile number entered on the website. The mobile subscriber then needs to submit the same on the website
3. A 'consent message' will then appear on the website. The subscriber then needs to enter his/her Aadhaar number after properly checking the 'consent box'.
4. The telecom service provider will then send an OTP request to UIDAI.
5. If there is any mobile number registered with that Aadhaar number, the mobile subscriber will receive the OTP on it.
6. The subscriber will also receive a 'consent message' about his e-KYC details from UIDAI. He/she needs to enter the OTP after accepting the required terms and conditions.
7. Once accepted, the authentication and confirmation will then be sent to the mobile subscriber saying that the number has been re-verified with the related Aadhaar number.
Here the first step: is Mobile subscribers need to call on their respective telecom service providers IVR number using the mobile phone number that they want to be re-verified
1.The telecom service provider's IVR will play the 'consent message' and ask the subscriber to provide his/her mobile
2.An OTP request will then be sent to the UIDAI to verify the Aadhaar number linked to that account
3.OTP message will appear on the mobile number linked to the respective Aadhaar card. A 'consent message' will again be played on IVR.
4.The mobile subscriber will have to share the OTP received on IVR. If correct, the subscriber's e-KYC details will be fetched from UIDAI.
5.If the e-KYC details fetched are correct, successful 'mobile re-verification' message will appear on IVR. An SMS notification too will be received on the subscriber’s mobile number.